As you fall in love …

Had there been an easier way to experience bliss, then falling in love gave you a brief whiff of it. I am not sure how many of you have been able to bask in this enchanting emotion. I am not sure if my experience would be a definitive narrative of the experiences, relative to the others who have experienced this state. But, I am putting my best foot forward to walk you through my expression of faith in the most humane of feelings.

It was buzzing, fresh with sounds of requests for copies of the assignments to be submitted that day and the lectures lined up for the day or what are the chances of India winning in the match today evening. Some of them even were busy into discussing the latest local kid’s comic – Jungle Book and Shikari Shambu. I was seated comfortably at my throne at the rear end of the class – a no man zone for most. And she strode in … For a moment, I could not hear the morning rush in our classroom.

I drifted into a state of involuntary submission as everything else around me blurred into oblivion. The focus was on her and she sure basked in it. She started appearing as she pushed open the half open door and walked in. There was a rebel in her that presented outwards as a distanced soul, ready to strike when provoked. The distancing was usually presented as an expression of ignorance – simply looking down, until a relevant event caught her attention.

A few steps in, as she raised her eyes to search for me in the distance, I could just sense that my heart skipped a beat and then flutter with excitement. Just as she found me, a smile began to grow on her gracefully blushing face. A lingering fragrance of a bout of flowers and spices drifted along with her as she moved around. Her lingering aura of fragrance drifted towards me, as I drowsed into further oblivion. She breaks the eye contact with me, which added much to the grievance of my intellect’s displeasure in being disregarded by my heart, who was also very much in awe of the presentation of an almost angelic presence.

She stepped closer towards me, as her seat used to be just across mine. Her seat was by a set of French windows that had a scenic view spread out into the lush green hills, banana & rubber plantations and was a haven for passing birds and butterflies. She stood at an arms length across me for a second in front of me and looked up to request in a silent interrogation, to know if my jaws would consider shutting up. And as she completed the expression, as though a jolt hit me to wake me up from enchantment, the bell rang and popped a bubble of bounded happiness inside me … ‘LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL …!!!‘

Falling in love is as close as to experiencing peace and tranquility, even though for the moments as it lasts. I have experienced it and cherished the moments till today and there are no regrets if it did not work out. I believe that the nature of love is close to the nature of giving and sharing. As long as you can give love, be assured you will get it back.

Comments

दर्शन said…
"As long as you can give love, be assured you will get it back."
“If there ever was an easier way to experience bliss, then falling in love gave you a brief whiff of it.”
The beginning & final line are in itself telling a lot actually ..
Wonderful !!!!!!
I can say Arun that you are very skillful writer, and I mean it lot...
and even one thing is similar in you and Shakespeare i.e. At times i try my best to understand the exact meaning of the sentences written and I fail :) ...

Good work :) !!!
selva ganapathy said…
This must be one of the finest writings of yours which I've read... probably there may be a lot in store..... There was really a smile which dwelled in the heart while I ended up reading.

I've always felt love in the form of speaking silence and when you express silence.... the feel is awesome!....

Keep Loving...
jishnukann said…
The best thing.. of the post...

I could see the college.. the rubber plantation through the window, the girl looking at me (you) [;)] and just forget everything in the class.

Good one, Arun...
Dolly said…
If there ... whiff of it.


#### Had there been an easier way to... Loves gives* you.

As it's a general statement & not a part of past experience, I feel present sounds better here...



I am not sure if my experience (( will )) would** be a definitive ...

... assignments to be submitted (( today)) that day** and the lectures lined up for the day or what are the chances of India winning in the match today evening.

### Use quotes for direct speech... Else structure it all in indirect only..

Some of them even were busy into discussing the latest local kid’s comic – Jungle Book and Shikari Shambu. I was seated comfortably at my throne at the rear end of the class – a no man zone for most. And she strode in …

For a moment, I could not hear the morning rush in our classroom.

#### Beautiful line...


I drifted into a state of involuntary submission as everything else around me blurred into oblivion. The focus was on her and she sure basked in it.

### nicely fashioned!!


She started appearing as she pushed open

(((the half open door ))) ajar***


and walked in. There was a rebel in her that presented outwards as a distanced soul, ready to strike ((( when )))if***

provoked. The ((( distancing )))

### I didn't get the expression here so can't suggest an alternative... but distancing isn't sounding good... I wonder for it to be a word.

... was usually presented -- her attention.

A few steps in--- angelic
presence ---- will get it back.

### Very well written....

Liked it...

Seems like me watch a video of pehla nasha, pehla khuma.. ;P

I liked the minute details.. which had been woven well...

You can work a bit on sentence structuring..

Figurative parts are very beautiful...

Overall a nice write.. Keep penning!
ritty said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said…
Beautiful one!!!
I love to read it again and again...good work sardaar...keep it up!!!!
Raj said…
Love is is something that all of us have felt; specifically for that special someone. It stirs you and drives you in ways and directions you never new existed. It is clearly on of my favorite topics to write about.

Thanks guys for your comments this really is appreciated from the bottom of my heart.
Anonymous said…
quite romantic i must say!!!and must say....i was not present their but could picturise everything u wrote!!!thats quite commendable...good work ya!!
Joe Cheri Ross said…
Arun Raj, who is that ?
Raj said…
@ Joe - U may know and u may not !! But lets keep it in the wraps about who it is :P

Popular posts from this blog

Men, take your Women more seriously !

Conversations with Time [POEM]

The Rain was drenched in Love ...