The Rain was drenched in Love ...


It was just another day at office, but not just another day in my lifetime. It rained today. In Delhi, drenching in rain is a rare experience annually, which you cannot afford to miss out on. And, I personally being a rain freak manage quite effectively to see that, I do enjoy every drop of it. It puts me into a state of happiness only equivalent to the state of being in love.

I was expecting rain to shower out pretty decently today. While in this state of love, I gave my sweetheart a call to see if she was available for a romantic evening: calling us to drench in it is showering. Being one of the first few dates out with her, it was always a challenge judging her responses. Also, as much as a confused and lazy soul like her, she tried to make up her mind on whether to come along or not. I always liked the challenge of getting her heavy-footed self to come out. While through this, I also felt she did bask in the attention too ... And then she concurs ... and now! I am elated!!

It had stopped raining for quite a while by now and I had just missed it, getting late out of office. But then! Being me is fun; I do not plan and do not work with a plan. And so, after getting her out I had a blank mind on what to do now. Lazing around and some golgappa’s later ... the rain gods submitted to my love of them. They broke out to splash the barren, now summer-heated roads to a well deserved drink of sweet rainfall. Again my lovely confused soul, did not want to drench ... much to my dissatisfaction, but what is love but sacrifice :P ...

I feel and I believe you will also concur; two of the best times during rains are - when it just starts to rain and when it just stops raining. We were not able to judge when it was going to rain, but when it stopped we were ready to get out and feel the cool after the rain. I got out, closed my eyes, spread my hands out and felt the caress of the fresh cool breeze, which drifted me off to the pearly gate's of cloud nine. Peace ...

My lovely confused soul was now hungry and what better time to have a romantic single plate 1-course meal. Under the clearing twilight sky, this weather could not get better. We found a restaurant that had an outside sitting and with the weather this enchanting, I just hoped this moment just stopped and freeze in time.

My lovely confused soul's most enticing feature was her deep lovely eyes, which could entice any uninterested common soul into enchanted fantasies. I struggled to keep my now enchanted heart to sway under her gaze. We sat down then to have a dinner sprinkled with an unspoken sense of enchantment by the night, rain and breeze. They say sharing food increases the love you have for each other, may be they were right.

Bidding adieu to her was difficult but an almost inevitable conclusion to this most fairy tale like experience. The night left me with a falooda of romantic, enchanting and deeply moving emotions that I cherish to this day. I just wish I could recreate this moment of love, rain and peace again, but then the best things in life sometimes are only one time experiences.

... A day in June 2007, Noida

Still in love with that moment ...

Comments

दर्शन said…
Its well written man ...
when sumbody is capable of expressing the feelings/scenes to every reader in a way he felt
then its success of a writer ... :)
Gud Job !!!!
Priy said…
Very well expressed!!! Being another rain freak I could relate to that passion, madness .....

Golgappe.. wow! They've truly enhanced the flavour of the write... :P

Loved it!
selva ganapathy said…
Good post dude...
but who is that sweet heart?
Raj said…
Guys, please do not ask who is the Sweetheart !! I will not be able to disclose the identity .. Actually, I dont want to !! :D
Unknown said…
Very dramatically written.....all these scenes are moving in front of my eyes.....
Gud Work..
Gud Description....of that moment....
Unknown said…
A lot of beauty raining in your words -shows the quality of your thoughts and emotions..

At times I too felt that rain is bringing up the spirit with in and over flows as love.. love towards the entire creation...
Anonymous said…
good one by you....after reading this even i want to go on a date on a rainy day :P....keep up the good work dude!!!
Linky said…
Hey it is really a fantastic experience!! Rainy day date with open sky dinner n ur sweetheart ...WOW!! But missed one thing..nxt time do try chilled ICE-Cream on a rainy day Date....
Sonia said…
Well Written.Ws dis 4 real?
Arun Raj said…
@Sonia - It happens to be as real as it gets. I could not really capture all the details here 'coz words don't do justice to certain experiences :)

Popular posts from this blog

Men, take your Women more seriously !

Conversations with Time [POEM]